Welcome to the home page of the API Subcommittee on Pressure-Relieving Systems (SCPRS). The SCPRS develops standards and recommended practices covering the sizing, selection, and installation of pressure-relief devices used to protect unfired pressure vessels in the refining and petrochemical industries. The SCPRS also establishes venting requirements for aboveground and underground liquid petroleum storage tanks. Each meeting of the committee provides a forum for an information exchange on problems and opportunities where industry experts share experiences from operations around the world.
The SCPRS work program of documents includes:
- RP 520 - Sizing, Selection, and Installation of Pressure-Relieving Devices in Refineries
Part I - Sizing and Selection
Par II - Installation
- Std 521 - Guide for Pressure-Relieving and Depressuring Systems
- Std 526 - Flanged Steel Pressure Relief Valves
- RP 527 - Seat Tightness of Pressure Relief Valves
- Std 2000 - Venting Atmospheric and Low-Pressure Storage Tanks (Nonrefrigerated and Refrigerated)
Chair: Tom Bevilacqua, XOM
Vice-Chair: Matt Brewer, BP
Thank you for attending the API 2016 Fall Refining and Equipment Standards Meeting.
The next API Refining Meeting is the 2017 Spring Refining and Equipment Standards Meeting planned for May 08, 2017 to May 11, 2017 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Click on “Calendar of Events" under Links for meeting logistics and other information.