Welcome to the home page of the API Subcommittee on Pressure-Relieving Systems (SCPRS). The SCPRS develops standards and recommended practices covering the sizing, selection, and installation of pressure-relief devices used to protect unfired pressure vessels in the refining and petrochemical industries. The SCPRS also establishes venting requirements for aboveground and underground liquid petroleum storage tanks. Each meeting of the committee provides a forum for an information exchange on problems and opportunities where industry experts share experiences from operations around the world.
The SCPRS work program of documents includes:
- Std 520 - Sizing, Selection, and Installation of Pressure-Relieving Devices
Part I - Sizing and Selection
Part II - Installation
- Std 521 - Pressure-Relieving and Depressuring Systems
- Std 526 - Flanged Steel Pressure Relief Valves
- Std 527 - Seat Tightness of Pressure Relief Valves
- Std 2000 - Venting Atmospheric and Low-Pressure Storage Tanks (Nonrefrigerated and Refrigerated)
SCPRS Chair: Matt Brewer, BP
SCPRS Vice-Chair: Eli Vatland Johansen, Equinor
API 520 Task Force Chair: Phil Henry, Equity Engineering
API 521 Task Force Chair: Mike Porter, Chevron
API 526-527 Task Force Chair: Thakor Patel, Curtiss-Wright
API 2000 Taskforce Co-Chairs: Kevin Campbell , Shell and Don Griglack,Phillips 66
Click on “Calendar of Events" under Links for meeting logistics and other information.