The Subcommittee on Liquid Measurement (COLM) develops, approves and maintains standards dealing with the measurement of flowing hydrocarbon liquids, including:
- Tank Calibration, MPMS Chapter 2
- Tank Gauging, MPMS Chapter 3
- Proving Systems, MPMS Chapter 4
- Metering, MPMS Chapter 5
- Metering Assemblies, MPMS Chapter 6
- Calculation of Petroleum Quantities, MPMS Chapter 12
- Statistical Aspects of Measuring and Sampling, MPMS Chapter 13 (Joint with
- Measurement by Weight, MPMS Chapter 16
- Crude by Truck, MPMS Chapter 18
- Flow Measurement—Electronic Liquid Measurement, MPMS Chapter 21.2
- Testing Protocols—MPMS Chapter 22 (Joint with COGFM)
For a complete listing of active COLM subordinate groups, click here. To access the sites themselves, you MUST be logged in.
COLM supports the API Downstream Department's Weight's and Measures Subcommittee.